Mt.Rushmore




Finally back to posting. I have had a long journey since my last post. On our way back home from Memphis my hubby decided we needed to explore new places in the US. His persuasive argument was we may never be this far north again and it is only 5 or so hours out of the way. Being that our journey already was going to have us on the road for about 20 hours what was another 5. So we decided to veer west. From Tennessee into Nebraska was pretty familiar territory. But as we entered into northern Nebraska and Southern South Dakota I was pretty sure the trees had been taken over by the corn. I have never in my life seen so much corn. Well, I guess I should have never complained about all that corn. Because once the corn was gone there was nothing to look at for hours and hours. Those 5 hours seemed like 10. Oh, I almost forgot that we were able to view the 500 or so signs that suggested had to visit Walls Drug store in SD. I must admit the trip was worth the long boring drive. Mount Rushmore was beautiful. It was amazing to me that man could create a masterpiece out of this gigantic rock.

On my time away I kept thinking of the artwork I had to get done when I returned home. Well, weeks later I’m finally about finished with one. This is an illustration of how traveling should be, relaxing and carefree. It is not totally completed. I have not adhered it the background yet because I am not real sure I like the background color. Then I have to take it to a photographer to have it photographed. I am not able to get high quality pictures with my camera. Someday I will have a good camera. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the move begins

Where's Waldo?